Stir up a batch of Hot Chocolate with this basic hot chocolate recipe. Special Dark Cocoa, 2% milk, sugar and tiny bit of salt makes this recipe easy to make. You can substitute the milk with Almond Coconut or whole milk for a richer and another favorite flavor.Print
Basic Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Yield: 4- 8 ounce servings
3/4 cup Hersey’s Special Dark Cocoa
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups 2% milk or milk of choice
1 cup half and half
- In microwaveable bowl or 8 cup glass measuring cup, place 3/4 cup cocoa.
- Add sugar and salt to the cocoa. To this mixture add 1 cup milk, stir to combine the cocoa with the milk. It will resemble a thick paste.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add remaining milk and half and half.
- Add chocolate mixture (paste) to the milk and stir to combine.
- Do not allow mixture to boil.
- Serve warm with fresh whipped cream and other toppings.
Suggested toppings include, mini chocolate chips, crushed heath bars, caramel sauce, crusted peppermint, mini mallow bites, homemade marshmallow’s, marshmallow creme, chocolate sauce, sifted sweetened cocoa, shaved chocolate, toasted coconut.