Brown Sugar Peppered Bacon Fries Recipe
Step up to the plate and take a swing at this simple menu for a Father’s Day lunch. The ballpark food includes Corn Dogs, Hamburger Sliders, and Brown Sugar Peppered Bacon French Fries.
Not to throw a menu curve ball, but you might want to bake an extra batch of the Brown Sugar Bacon Fries. Crispy thin frozen fries are baked and sprinkled with sea salt and brown sugar granules. Bacon strips are coated with black pepper and brown sugar during the baking process that adds a sweet, salty, and spicy flavor to ordinary fries. Serve these fries in a blue star-studded paper cone with sticks of sweet peppered bacon making this side dish a grand slam!
Here ya go!
- 1-(26-oz) bag frozen shoestring French fries* tested Ore Ida Extra Crispy Fast Food Fries
- 1-(12-oz) package thick sliced bacon
- 1-cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1-teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1-teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place a small baking rack inside baking pan.
- Spray foil and baking rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place bacon slices on baking rack, sprinkle with cracked pepper.
- Bake 3 minutes turn over slices and bake 3 additional minutes.
- Sprinkle dark brown sugar over one side of the bacon slices, continue baking until bacon is crisp.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- On separate foil lined baking sheet spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange frozen fries in a single layer on prepared baking sheet bake 20-25 minutes until crispy brown.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with salt and extra brown sugar granules, toss to coat.
- Serve warm with bacon in strips or crumble bacon tossed with fries.
This recipe was featured in VIP SEEN Magazine- Knock it out the Park for Day! A Fathers Day Lunch.