Dark Chocolate “Candy Ant” Cupcake Recipe
Dark Chocolate moist cupcakes are frosted with vanilla buttercream and decorated with Almond M & M’s to resemble picnic- ants.
- Yield: 24 cupcakes
- 1-15.25 ounce package dark chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1-3 ounce package chocolate instant pudding and pie mix-dry
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup mini chocolate morsels
- 1-teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups vanilla butter cream frosting
- 72 Peanut M & M’s separated into colors by 3
- 1 cup dark chocolate butter cream frosting
- ½ cup white jimmies or sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare cupcake pans with liners.
- Combine all ingredients except frosting. Beat batter for 2 minutes to blend. Fill plastic zip lock bag with batter, clip end of bag to ¼ “. Pipe batter into cupcake liners.
- Bake cakes 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool to touch.
- Frost with vanilla buttercream frosting. Roll edges of cupcake into white sprinkles.
To make Candy Ants:
Fill small zip lock baggie with chocolate frosting. Clip 1/8″ along one side of baggie with scissors or use a disposable piping bag with tip # 2. Place three Peanut M & M’s in a single line. Pipe three legs on each side of middle of ant candy using dark chocolate frosting. Pipe feelers on head to complete ant.
Hint: Avoid sitting these cupcakes in full sun, the chocolate will soften and bleed on frosting if cupcakes get warm.