Stir up a quick yeast bread filled with dried cranberries and toasted chopped pecans. Cranberry Pecan Yeast Bread is perfect for turkey or chicken salad sandwiches. Rapid Rise yeast shortens the rising time making this bread quick and easy to bake. Go light on the flour when kneading to ensure your bread stays moist. Baked at 375 for 25 -45 minutes and your all set to toast or spread with delicious fillings.
Cranberry Pecan Yeast Bread Recipe
Dried cranberries and toasted chopped pecans make this yeast bread loaf great with turkey or chicken salad sandwiches. Also great to toast , it is a medium textured bread and can be frozen. Perfect for gift giving. The recipe has non-fat dry milk in the batter instead of typical buttermilk.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35-45 minutes
- Total Time: -25623505.65 minute
- Yield: 1 loaf
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
1 -1/3 cup water ( 120-130 degrees)
3 tablespoons butter, softened
2 packages Rapid Rise Yeast
2-1/2-3 cups all purpose flour, divided
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons non- fat dry milk
2 teaspoons salt
3/4 up dried cranberries or dried cherries
3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In glass measuring cup microwave water and butter to 120-130 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, sugar, dry milk, undissolved yeast and salt.
- Add warm water to flour mixture and with electric mixer paddle attachment beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Gradually add remaining flour , dried cranberries and pecans to make a soft dough. Be light handed with the flour, the dough should be somewhat sticky.
- Lightly add flour to your counter ( bench) and knead the dough about 8 -10 minutes.
- Roll dough into a rectangle, 12 x 6 ( width of bread loaf pan), tightly roll jelly roll style.
- If any cranberries remain on the top of the loaf, remove and insert on the bottom of loaf ( they will burn during baking if exposed).
- Place bread roll seam side down in lightly greased loaf pan.
- Cover and let rise until double in size about 45-50 minutes.
- Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees 35-40 minutes or until done.
- Add aluminum foil tent over the top of loaf if it begins to over brown.
- Remove from pan and completely cool before slicing.
- Baked bread can be frozen.
- Measure flour using dry measuring cups, spoon flour into cup and level off with knife, do not pack the flour.
- Toast pecans for best flavor.
- Can plump up cranberries by soaking in warm water for 20 minutes before adding to dough.
- Recipe inspired by Breaking Bread- 9/99.
To make a Buttermilk Sandwich bread that is great for sandwiches and dressing, click here.