Cucumber Mint Juleps Spritzer Recipe|Beverage
- Yield: 6-8 ounce servings
3 English cucumbers-divided
1 cup Mint Simple Syrup (recipe follows)
8 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 cups lemon-lime soda or lemon Perrier
Crushed ice- mint cubes (recipe follows)
Garnish- mint leaves and cucumber ribbons
Mint Simple Syrup- Make one day ahead
1- cup sugar
1- cup water
24 large mint leaves, rinsed & divided
Mint Ice cubes: Make one day ahead
2 cups water
10 mint leaves
2 ice cube trays
To make Mint ice cubes:
In small microwave bowl, microwave 2 cups water and 10 mint leaves.
Brew 5-6 minutes.
Discard mint and pour minted water into ice cube tray.
Freeze until solid.
- Instructions for Mint Julep:
- Line a medium bowl with cheesecloth allow excess cloth to extend over the bowl.
- Finely grate 2 cucumbers over cheesecloth.
- Bring edges of cheesecloth together to enclose cucumber and squeeze cheesecloth over the bowl to extract juice. (Makes one cup)
- In a large pitcher, add mint simple syrup to cucumber juice.
- Add vanilla and soda. Stir to combine.
- Pour over crushed mint ice cubes.
- Garnish with sprig of mint.
Mint Simple Syrup:
In small saucepan combine sugar and water, bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat and add 10 mint leaves. Brew 5-6 minutes.
Remove and discard mint leaves. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
Garnish: mint leaves and cucumber ribbons.
Use mandolin to make ribbon lengths of cucumber.
Accordion pleat cucumbers on a small wooden skewer.