Egg Souffle Recipe
- Yield: 8-10 servings
1-16 ounce small curd cottage cheese
3 egg whites
3 egg yolks + 2 eggs
¼ cup buttermilk
¼ cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt and white pepper
1 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese
¼ cup diced fresh mushrooms
4-5 organic fresh spinach, chopped
8 slices of smoked bacon- cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place cottage cheese in bowl of food processor with steel blade, process until smooth. Pour cottage cheese in separate bowl, set aside.
- Add egg whites to processor, pulse until foamy, add next 5 ingredients, process
- Combine egg mixture with cottage cheese mixture. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Grease 8 medium sized ramekins or standard cupcake pan with cooking spray. Pour mixture into pans 2/3 full. Place on baking sheet to bake in case of spill.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until edges are puffed and light brown. Egg soufflé will fall in center after cool.