How to Make Strawberry Tuxedos
How to Make Strawberry Tuxedos for Valentines Day has three ingredients, melted white and dark chocolate and fresh strawberries. The berries dipped in white chocolate first, then dipped in a dark chocolate V shape, resemble a tuxedo with bow tie and buttons. It isn’t hard to do and you will definitely Make a Statement with this Dessert Garnish.
How to Make Strawberry Tuxedo
Making these berries require three ingredients, white and dark chocolate and fresh strawberries. Here are a few helpful tips to make these berries beautiful. Start with fresh ripe but firm strawberries. Clean the leaf tops of the berries and berries with a wet paper towel but do not rinse the berries in water. After drying the berries, add a cake pop stick and place on baking sheet in refrigerator to chill. I chilled my berries for 30 minutes.
Melting the chocolate in a double boiler with warm simmering water is the best way to melt the chocolates. Make sure you don’t get water in the chocolate, it will cause the chocolate to seize up…turn white and ugly and will not coat.
I put the melted chocolate in a custard cup for easy dipping. Another thing I do is place a warm hand towel under the cup of chocolate to keep everything melted. If the chocolate gets hard, just remelt in microwave a few seconds. If the chocolate is too thick to coat, add a teaspoon of shortening to thin it. Now that you have the berries chilled, you are ready to follow the photo pictorial. You can do it!!
How to Make Strawberry Tuxedo Pictorial
- 24 large, not to soft, fresh strawberries, cleaned and dry- with stems remaining.
- 24-26 wooden skewers or cake pop sticks
- 2-4 ounce packages semi-sweet chocolate squares-tested Bakers
- 2-4-ounce packages white chocolate baking squares-tested Bakers
- quart sized plastic freezer bag or disposable piping bag with no tip
- Melt white chocolate squares in top of double boiler over hot, but not boiling water. Stir constantly until smooth. Press stick into leaf end of berry. Make sure the berries are not wet, but dry with a paper towel. Chocolate will not stick if berry is wet.
- Dip all berries into melted white chocolate, dipping up to 1/8 " form leaf top. Place dipped berries on parchment lined baking sheet. Chill until firm. 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate in top of double boiler over hot, but not boiling water. Stir until smooth.
- Dip firm white chocolate berry on one side at a time in the melted dark chocolate forming a V shape on berry. This forms the tuxedo V on berry. Place dipped berries on parchment lined baking sheet, chill to firm. (Repeat with all berries.)
- Spoon remaining dark chocolate into a small freezer bag, seal bag. If chocolate begins to harden, place sealed bag in a bowl of warm water to keep chocolate melted for piping consistency. Do not allow water to touch chocolate.
- Prick a tiny hole in 1 corner of the bag. Pipe a bow tie and 3 buttons onto each berry. Chill until chocolate is firm or up to 3 hours. Serve within one day of making. Keep berries chilled until serving.
- Very perishable.
Serve within the day made and keep refrigerated. Serve as a garnish with Strawberry Mock Romanoff see blog post http://lizbushong.com
Can substitute cream cheese for Greek Yogurt.
Let me know how your friends and family responded to your berries. I would like to hear all about it. Post a comment below.
For more recipes go to http://www.serveitupsassy.com
Make a Statement, Make it Sassy and Make it Yours! ™