Lemon Creme Cakes
- Yield: 15 three layer mini cakes
- 1 package lemon cake mix
- 1 package lemon instant pudding and pie mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1-3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons lemon curd + 1 cup
- 2 tablespoons butter, tested Land a Lakes
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Whipped topping:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- cup confectioner’s sugar
- Mint leaves and fresh raspberries
- Line 15 • x 10 inch baking sheet with parchment paper. Fill cupcake pan with liners for extra
- Cake batter. Spray parchment paper on both sides. Set aside.
- 2 Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large mixing bowl, beat together all cake ingredients for two minutes. Pour batter into baking sheet leveling batter by shaking pan side to side. With remaining batter fill cupcake liners. Bake cake and cupcakes for 20 minutes or until cake center is done. Allow cakes to cool. Freeze cakes for 20 minutes or longer.
- Meanwhile, prepare filling. Beat softened cream cheese, butter and 3 tbsp. lemon curd together until smooth. Fill pastry bag fitted with tip 1 M or shell tip with mixture. Set aside.
- Using a clean and very cold mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream on high with wire attachment.
- Beat until soft peaks form; add • cup confectioner’s sugar. Beat on high to form stiff peaks.
- Place whipped cream in pastry bag fitted with star tip or 1 M, refrigerate until assembly.
- Remove cakes from freezer and baking sheet. Spread top of cakes with thin layer of lemon curd.
- Using a square cookie cutter or sharp knife cut out cakes. Place one cake on serving platter curd side up, add another cake layer on top of first cake, curd side down or sandwiched together.
- Pipe cheese filling on top of sandwiched cakes. Add third and final cake layer, curd side up.
- Last, pipe whipped cream dollop on top of cake. Garnish with mint leaf and fresh berry.
- Make it yours by serving it with other berries between cake layers on your favorite serving dish or platter. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.