Hawaiian Sweet Rolls are split in half filled with Giardiniera relish, Spanish olives, salami, black forest ham, provolone and olive oil, stacked in layers and picked with sweet chip pickle and cherry tomato.Print
Muffaletta Stacked Slider Recipe
- Yield: 12 sliders
1 cup mixed pickled vegetables-tested Mezzetta Giardiniera
¼ cup pimiento-stuffed Spanish olives
¼ cup black olives
2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ cup chopped red onion
1 package Hawaiian rolls
10 slices hard salami, thin sliced
10 slices provolone cheese, thin sliced
½ pound black forest ham, thin sliced
Garnish: 12 black olives, 12 bread and butter sweet pickle slices
- In food processor fitted with steel blade, process vegetables, onion, olives and olive oil into small pieces.
- Slice Hawaiian bread dinner rolls in half horizontally and do not separate dinner rolls, keep as one unit.
- Spread half of vegetable mixture on top of roll base.
- Next, layer the salami, cheese, and ham slices, top with remaining relish.
- Cover with bread top.
- Wrap entire sandwich rolls with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, slice each individual roll into a square and garnish with pickle slice, one black olive on a wooden pick.