Sweets and Savories Cookbook gives you the opportunity to showcase mini appetizers and desserts in an impressive and inviting presentation at your next event. These recipes are sure to please every discriminating palate. The first section of this cookbook features Sweets, mini cakes, cookies, and macrons divided by a colorful photo insert showcasing presentation ideas. The second half features Savories, mini appetizers, entertaining serving tips and suggestions. What will be more impressive…you’re elegant but easy delicacies or the fun and confidence you will have hosting your next gathering. You will certainly Make a Statement, Make it Sassy, and more importantly Make it Yours!
$20 + tax and shipping
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar - plus ¼ cup to sprinkle on tops before baking
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ cup butter, chilled and diced. no substitutes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream - plus ¼ cup to glaze tops
- ½ teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 475. Stack two baking sheets together, line with parchment. Arrange oven rack in the upper third of oven.
- In food processor, add flour, sugar, salt, baking powder. Pulse one or two times to blend.
- Add diced chilled butter, pulse again until mixture becomes coarse and grainy.
- Transfer to a large bowl, make a center well and add eggs, whipping cream and vanilla extract. Mix gently with a fork to blend.
- Add dried cranberries, and orange zest. Mix to blend.
- On floured surface, place dough, roll out to 1” thickness.
- For pie-wedge scones, use a 4” round cookie cutter and divide into quarters or use a 1” round cookie cutter for round scones.
- Place scones on baking sheets. Brush tops of scones with whipping cream and coarse sugar.
- Bake 20 minutes for the pie wedge scone or 12 minutes for the small rounds.