St.Patricks Day -Chocolate Mint Mousse
- Yield: 6- 5" small parfaits
½ cup heavy whipping cream, heated
1-cup semi sweet chocolate morsels
½ teaspoon mint extract
1-cup cold heavy whipping cream
½ cup sifted confectioner’s sugar
¾ cup cold ganache
1 cup green candy wafers/or melts
1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
zip lock plastic bag-scissors
For Rimmed Shot Glasses:
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup coarse green sparkling sugar
- In small saucepan, heat whipping cream until warm, but not boiling.
- Add the chocolate morsels, stir until smooth and glossy.
- Add mint extract.
- Set aside to cool and harden slightly. Can refrigerate until ready to use.
- In large cold mixing bowl, beat cream until medium peaks form, gradually add confectioners sugar.
- Add cold ganache and whip until mixed.
- Fill a disposable pastry bag fitted with tip# 1 M with mousse.
- Pipe chocolate mousse into mini shot glasses or dessert parfaits.
- Garnish with piped Whipped Cream and candy Shamrock.
- Melt candy wafers in quart size zip lock bag by immersing bag into bowl of hot water.
- Do not allow water to touch candy.
- Massage bag until wafers are melted.
- Add extract and massage bag to blend.
- Clip one corner of bag to 1/8 inch.
- On parchment paper lined baking sheet pipe three small hearts each once connecting at the heart points to form a shamrock.
- Pipe a long stem. Be sure to fill in hearts with the candy melts. Allow to set up.
- Garnish mini dessert parfait mousse with Shamrock candy.
Rimmed Shot Glasses:
Dip rim of dessert dish/shot glass into corn syrup, do not immerse rim, just barely touch the rim for a thinner ring of sparkling glitz.
Dip wet edge into sparkling sugar. Set aside to dry before filling mousse into dishes.
How to make rim sugar- coated shot glasses/parfaits.
- Dip rim of dessert dish/shot glass into corn syrup, do not immerse rim, just barely touch the rim for a thinner ring of sparkling glitz.
- Dip wet edge into sparkling sugar. Set aside to dry before filling mousse into glasses.