Vermont Maple Balsamic Ice Cream Recipe
Vermont Maple Balsamic Ice Cream recipe doesn’t need an introduction to fall entertaining. This is it! Home-made Maple Ice Cream…
What makes this ice cream special is the maple syrup and the Vermont Maple Balsamic Vinegar. Yes, Balsamic vinegar… not much but enough to give the ice cream a punch. If you don’t want to add the vinegar you don’t have too, just add another tablespoon of Maple syrup. Serve this with toasted pecans and maple cookies. Recipe for cookies http://serveitupsassy.com/maple-ice-cream/
Maple Ice Cream served up sassy in small parfait cups and garnished with maple flavored pecans. For the pecan recipe go here http://serveitupsassy.com/vermont-maple-balsamic-pecans/
The secret ingredient is Vermont Maple Balsamic Vinegar, to purchase balsamic click here: AbingdonOliveOilCompany.com.
Serve this with this recipe Maple Leaf Cookies.
Yield: 8 -1 cup servings
- 8 egg yolks
- 2 cups maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Vermont maple balsamic vinegar*
- 2 cups half & half
- 2 ½ cups whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons maple extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, heat half and half until very hot, but not boiling, stir often. Remove from heat, set aside.
- Place egg yolks and maple syrup in mixing bowl. Attach wire whip to mixer. On medium speed mix until well blended and slightly thickened. Continue with mixing speed gradually add half and half, mix until blended.
- Return half and half mixture in a medium saucepan, cook over medium heat until small bubbles around the edge of pan and mixture is steamy, stir constantly. Do not boil.
- Transfer mixture into a large bowl, stir in whipping cream, maple extract, salt and vinegar. Cover and chill for 8 hours minimum.
- Follow ice cream maker instructions, until desired thickness. Freeze in an airtight container.