Wrapped thin cucumber strips are formed in a small bowl and filled with salad green, apples, snap peas, blue cheese and pecans served with balsamic vinaigrette.Print
Cucumber Wrap Salad Recipe
- Yield: 5 mini salads+2 cups vinaigrette
1 English Cucumber, sliced horizontally into thin strips
2 1/2 cups Organic small leave greens
10 tablespoons Mukimame (soybeans) & snap peas steamed and cooled
15 thin slices of Gala apple with skin
10 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
5 tablespoons chopped pecans or nut of choice
Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons honey
3 teaspoons minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon celery salt and ground pepper
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Slice cucumber into very thin strips. Curl into a medium sized circle. Cucumber will stick to itself if you overlap ends. Fill cup with greens, layer apple and pea pods stand on ends in back of salad.
- Add blue cheese and nuts to the left side of salad. Add soybeans to the right side.
- Serve vinaigrette in separate dish.
- Make vinaigrette; whisk together first 5 ingredients until blended. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Blend well. Serve with salad.
Dressing can be made ahead and refrigerated up to 2 weeks. Can use dressing as a vegetable dip.