Layered Chocolate Torte Dessert Recipe is tall, dark and handsome and a sub- title for a Who Dun It Mystery Dinner dessert. Three decadent layers of dark chocolate cake filled with ganache and frosting help set the scene for a fun mystery dinner.
Layered Chocolate Torte Dessert RecipePrint
Layered Chocolate Torte Dessert Recipe
Alias, Tall, Dark and Handsome. This dessert was served at a Who Dun It Mystery Dinner. Dinner guests were asked to select their dinner entrees/dessert using alias names or titles for solving a mystery. Whatever they selected they were served in normal order of serving. Great fun!
- Yield: 4- 2” x 2” -3 layer cakes
1-15.25 package chocolate fudge cake mix
1– 3 ounce package instant chocolate pudding mix
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 1/3 cups water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 recipe of Chocolate Ganache Frosting
1 cup whipped cream
2-3 tablespoons powdered sugar
½ cup mini chocolate morsels
- 12-Mona Lisa-Duo Chocolattos Small CC-17-06 – chocolate decoration stick
- Preheat oven to 350. .Lightly butter sides and bottom of 8” x 8” inch baking pan. Line with parchment paper to fit bottom of pan. Butter both sides of parchment. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, water oil, eggs and extract. Beat on medium speed to blend.
- Pour cake batter into prepared pans. Bake 50-55 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Remove from oven. Wrap cooled cake in foil then freeze cake until firm.
- Remove cake from freezer; slice frozen cake into 2” x 2” squares, cut squares in half.
- Place one layer on serving plate. Spread with chocolate ganche frosting. Repeat with each layer to make 3 layers of cake. Frost top of cake, use fork tines to create design on cake.
- Whip heavy cream in large mixing bowl. Add two tablespoons powdered sugar to thicken.
- Beat until still peaks form. Place cream in pastry bag fitted with tip # 1M. Pipe dollop on top of stacked cake. Sprinkle with chips and add chocolate roll.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Chocolate Ganache Frosting
12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped finely or morsels
1 cup heavy whipping cream
Place chocolate pieces into a heat proof bowl. Bring cream to a near boil in small saucepan. Pour hot cream over chocolate pieces. Whisk until smooth. To whip ganache, transfer mixture to the bowl of electric mixer with whisk attachment. Whip chocolate until light and fluffy. Mixture will look like chocolate butter cream. Makes 2 cups frosting.