Cream Wafer Cookie recipe has three ingredients, butter, flour and confectioners sugar and baked just minutes in the oven. The cookies are sandwich cookies filled with buttercream frosting and can be served on any occasion, from teas to tailgates.Print
Cream Wafer Cookie Recipe
Team colors were blue and gold for this tailgate treat. Make it your own using your team colors by tinting buttercream frosting or filling cookies with favorite jam or spread.
- Yield: 5 dozen 1x
1 cup butter, softened, no substitutes
1/3 cup whipping cream, chilled
2 cups all purpose flour
Granulated Sugar for dipping
Purchased or homemade frosting- Gold and Blue color paste
- Mix thoroughly butter, cream and flour. Cover and chill one hour.
- Heat oven to 375 F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside. Roll chilled dough on sugared surface to 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut cookies into a 1 -inch round using cookie cutter.
- Toss cookies in sugar coating both sides. Place on baking sheets.
- Using a fork prick tops of cookies creating a button type pattern.
- Bake 7-9 minutes. Cookies will not brown.
- Cool cookies before sandwiching with frosting.
- Cookie dough can be made ahead, baked and frozen until ready to serve
Gold and Blue color paste was used in this recipe.