Decadent Carrot Cake Mix by Duncan Hines has carrots and raisins in the mix, making this cake easy to mix and bake. Frost the carrot cake with cream cheese frosting to make this sweet delicious dessert cake another reason to celebrate.
Best Carrot Cake Recipe
Using the Duncan Hines cake mix makes life easier and baking a breeze. Piping orange and green frosting into carrot shapes creates a pretty presentation and conversation. Recipe can be made into cupcakes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 + decorating time
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 2 loaf cakes or 24 cupcakes 1x
- Category: Dessert-Cake
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
1 –1/4 cups hot water
3 large eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup chopped pecans-optional
*carrots and raisins are inside the cake box
Cream Cheese Frosting
2–8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
16 Tablespoons butter, softened
3 cups confectioner’s sugar
4 teaspoons cream or milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Prepare two 9″x 5″ loaf pans or cupcake liners if making cupcakes. Spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Follow instructions on box. using the hot water to dehydrate the carrots and raisins.
- Mix all ingredients and divide batter between two loaf pans or cupcake liners if making cupcakes.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until center is done. Allow cakes to cool before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
In mixing bowl, add softened butter and cream cheese. Beat until creamy. Add confectioners sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Beat until smooth and creamy. Divide frosting in half. Frost entire loaf cakes with frosting. Chill to set.
With remaining frosting divide in half, tint one half with orange food gel and the other half with green. Stir to combine. Fill pastry bag with tip # 5 with orange frosting and another pastry bag with tip # 352 with green frosting. Pipe elongated orange carrot shapes on top and sides of cake. Pipe leaves onto carrots.
Piping frosting on cake with tip #5 for a beautiful carrots and leaf tip for carrot leaves.
Cake can be made into cupcakes .
Cakes can be baked and frozen with out frosting for up to 2 months.
Other Recipes you might like to try: