Greens,Baby Beets & Bagel Salad is a crunchy salad made with mesclun greens, baby beets, & seasoned bagel croutons. Balsamic Vinaigrette is drizzled over the salad and thinly sliced smoked Gouda cheese adds a smoky flavor. Everything bagels are cut into small bite sized pieces, tossed in soy sauce and olive oil then baked until crunchy. Great salad for any occasion.
Greens,Baby Beets & Bagels
Easy to make fresh salad with mesclun or baby spring mix, steamed fresh baby red beets, curled carrot slices, diced cucumber and gouda cheese. The baked “Everything bagel” adds great flavor and additional crispness to the salad.
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Salads
- Method: Chop, Slice, Toast
- Cuisine: American
5 ounces mesclun or spring mix greens, washed and dried
2 medium sized beets, steamed, peeled and diced into ½ inch cubes
16 individual sliced chives
2 carrots, peeled and shaved with vegetable peeler or mandolin
1 English cucumber or cucumber of choice, washed and sliced to ¼ inch
2 plain bagels, or bagel of choice, cut in small pieces
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
4–6 ounces thinly sliced smoked Gouda, rolled tightly
Balsamic Vinaigrette or dressing of choice
- Wash greens and spin dry. Plate the greens in the center of plate. Shave peeled carrots, and then roll strips tightly to form a curl, position carrots as desired on greens. Slice cucumbers, dice the beets, and roll the cheese, position as desired on greens,
- Cut bagels into small bite-sized pieces using kitchen shears. In small zip lock bag, place soy sauce and olive oil mixture, toss croutons in this mixture to coat. Bake on baking sheet at 500 degrees for 2-3 minutes. Watch carefully not to burn croutons. Remove from oven and place on top of salad.
- Serve Balsamic Vinaigrette in a separate dish or drizzle salad with dressing.
- Garnish salad with X crossed 4 chive stems on each salad.
- If you want to make plain bagels with everything seasoning, try this.. Brush plain bagel topping with egg white and dip bagel into Everything seasoning mix, bake at 400 for 5-8 minutes until bagels are slightly golden.