Refreshing Lemon Curd and sweetened cream cheese combined as layers fill a baked graham cracker crust and is served with fresh whipped cream.
Lemon Curd Pie Recipe
- Yield: 1-9" pie 1x
1 unbaked 9 “ graham cracker crust
3 egg yolks
1–14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
2/3 cup Lemon Juice concentrate-tested Nettie & Joe’s.
1 –8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons purchased lemon curd
Garnish: 2 cups whipped cream, zest of one lemon
Graham Cracker Crust:
1 ½ cups crushed graham crackers
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/3 cup melted butter.
Mix crumbs, sugar and butter. Spray pie plate with cooking spray. Press mixture firmly against bottom and sides of a 9’ baking pie pan. Bake at 350 for 5 minutes to set or refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Prepare graham cracker crust. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, and whisk attachment, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored.
- Gradually add the condensed milk, continue to beat until thick~ 4 minutes.
- On low speed add the lemon juice, mix to combine.
- In separate bowl, mix softened cream cheese and lemon curd. Stir to combine.
- Gently spread cream cheese mixture into bottom of pie crust. Then pour the lemon pie filling on top of cream cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove from oven. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, whip cream and pipe onto top of pie as desired. Garnish with grated lemon zest.
Tip 1: The crust is partially baked before adding filling and baked again. Pre baking the crust will seal the base for filling preventing a soggy crust.
Tip 2: Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving for perfect slices. Refrigerate any leftovers.