Orzo Tomato Salad has sweet cherry red and yellow tomatoes, chick peas, black olives, red onions, feta cheese and orzo pasta that is drizzled with a lemon blood orange olive oil dressing.
Orzo Tomato SaladPrint
Orzo Tomato Salad Recipe
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
1 cup garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup yellow cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in quarters
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes-sliced in quarters
1 cup sliced black olives, drained and rinsed
½ cup diced red onion
½ cup feta cheese crumbled
12 ounces orzo, cooked and rinsed
¼ cup chopped parley-optional
1/8 -cup blood orange,* olive oil
1/8 -cup olive oil
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon granulated sugar
- Make dressing-mix all ingredients together and set aside.
- Make salad: Place all ingredients a large mixing bowl, except the Orzo pasta.
- Place the Orzo and chopped parsley over the top of all ingredients, drizzle the dressing over the top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours for flavors to blend.
- Toss salad before serving.
- This can be a main dish salad or serve with grilled meats as a side.
*Can substitute blood orange olive oil with regular olive oil.