The theme for this owl baby shower was the cute invitation that read, Look whooo’s having a Baby! The mom to be loves pink and white so that was the overall color scheme. We welcomed “Piper Joy” with a personalized pennant, a pink, white and black dessert table with life savor pacifiers.
Owl Baby Shower Ideas| Pink & White
Idea # 1- Pennant Banner Announcement
Design a paper pennant out of card stock with lace, vinyl letters and pretty ribbon
Large tissue paper pom pom’s, pinwheels, ad baby owls tie the theme together.
Idea # 2- Set up a Dessert Buffet
Pink and white finger foods, cupcakes, candies make a lovely dessert table. Be sure to elevate some foods on cake stands or stacked paper covered boxes to create dimension and eye appeal. Play up the owl theme with food place cards, napkins and cups.
Idea # 3- Decorate Water Bottles & Favors
Wrap water bottles with white fabric squares that look like diapers, add a diaper safety pin and to the rim of the bottle a life saver pacifier.
Owl Baby Shower Ideas| Pink & White – Life savor Pacifiers
Cute candy pacifiers for take home favor.
- Yield: 10- pacifiers 1x
Royal Icing Recipe:
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 to 4 T. meringue powder (more for humid climates)
- ½ cup Crisco shortening (can cut this down in humid climates)
- 4 ½ cups powdered sugar (1 lb. 3 oz. If you have a scale)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (use clear vanilla if you want a pure white icing)
- ¼ tsp. almond extract
- Using royal icing as the glue, attach gummie to cherry lifesaver, let harden.
- Next apply icing to back side of cherry candy and attach butterscotch candy as shown.
- Let dry 24 hours before inserting ribbon.
Royal Icing Instructions:
- Place half of the powdered sugar and the meringue powder in the bowl of an electric mixer. Whisk together well.
- Turn on mixer (use whip attachment) and, while motor is running, slowly stream in the water.
- Mix until everything is incorporated. Turn mixer to high speed and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Add flavorings and mix well. Change to paddle attachment (for stand mixer) or dough hook (for Bosch).
- If using a hand mixer, use the same beaters you were using before. Add remaining powdered sugar and shortening and whip for 2-3 minutes more.
Royal Icing will dry hard and a better source for “glue”. Recipe makes 3 cups. Cut recipe in half for 20 pacifiers.