Poinsettia Blossom Cookies are butter cookies flavored with dry packets of flavored gelatin and shaped into small Poinsettias. Lemon Blossom Cookies are spring flowers made with lemon gelatin and butter cookie batter. These cookies need to be chilled to hold the shape during baking. The cookies make perfect gifts and a festive cookie for cookie exchanges. You can substitute different flavored gelatin to make it your own.
Poinsettia Blossom Cookie Recipe
- Yield: 25 cookies 1x
- 3/4 cup butter, land a lakes suggested
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (4 serving package) cherry gelatin or any red flavored gelatin
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow pearls as center flower garnish* wilton product
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar together to cream.
- Add dry package of gelatin, egg and vanilla.
- Beat until combined.
- Add flour on low speed. Mix until blended.
- Roll dough into 1- 1/4 inch sized round balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Place cookie sheet and balls in refrigerator. Chill for one hour
- Remove cookies from refrigerator and place balls on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Using a sharp thin edged knife.Cut each ball into 6 slices or wedges.
- Do not cut completely through, but if you do, just shape with fingers a wedge and place the wedge (petal) into center of other wedges (petals). Should have 6 wedges
- Lightly spread the wedges, but do not force. Insert yellow pearls to centers.
- Place back in refrigerator if desired or dough is warm.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 9-11 minutes.
- Let cool before storing.
Recipe adapted: Raspberry Poinsettia Blossoms- Betty Crocker Cookies