Pumpkin Pop Tarts are pie crust cut-outs in shape of a pop tart and filled with Pumpkin Butter that pops through the pumpkin face of the tart while baking. Baked at 350 for 20 minutes or until golden. Glaze or not to glaze you decide. Great fun for kids to bake and eat. Fall mornings or snack time will never be the same with these Pumpkin Pop Tarts! To see more Harvest party ideas here.
Pumpkin Pop-Tart Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 - 3 x 4 inch pop tarts 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
1 package refrigerated pie crusts
1/2 cup Pumpkin butter- tested Dickensons Pumpkin Butter
mini leaf cookie cutter
pattern- 3 x 4 inch rectangle made from card stock
sharp paring knife to cut out pumpkin face features
egg wash- 1 egg plus 1 teaspoon water
pastry brush or clean paint brush
cookie sheets lined with parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Line cooking sheets with parchment paper.
- Unroll pastry, and roll out slightly to a rectangular shape. Using pattern and sharp knife, cut pastry into 3 x 4 inch rectangles. You will have be able to get 6 pieces from each pie crust roll. (3 pop tarts).
- Place rectangles on baking sheet. Using paring knife cut out pumpkin face, remove pieces.
- With left over pie crust, cut out leaf shapes.
- Using 1 teaspoon of pumpkin butter, place in center of each rectangle, making sure to leave 1/2 inch border all around the edges.
- Place cut out pumpkin face sheet on top of filling. Add 2 leaves and a pumpkin stem to tart.
- Using a fork, crimp to seal all edges.
- Make egg wash and brush on top of tart. Be sure not to touch the cut out openings, the filling will spread.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Tip: Pumpkin Butter or other filling should be thick enough to spread and run out of tart. Be careful not to over fill the tart and keep the filling in the center of the crust. Leave 1/2″ space all around the edges of the pop tart so crusts will seal together.