Are you going to the Relish Cooking Show? Liz Bushong will share Summer decorating and entertaining ideas on the main stage at 6:45 pm on May 8th. Kingsport Tennessee Eastman Convention Center. Come over and say hi at the Serve it up Sassy! booth at the expo beginning at 4 pm. She will be serving up Lemon Blossom cookies and doing a book signing featuring her new cookbook, Sweets & Savories, Mini Appetizers and Desserts. Hope to see you then!
Relish Cooking Show Grand Table Setting Featuring Black White and Yellow Decor Ideas
Set a unique table mixing patterns, fruit and fresh flowers.
Switch up the table cloth with yellow and white polka dot, yellow charger and square black napkin that defines the setting. Decorate a water glass with white polka dot stickers to repeat the polka dot theme.
Get a closer look at the table centerpiece using bright yellow Gerber Daisies and Fresh Green Onions. The Onions help support the daisies in the vase. Tie the look together with a black satin ribbon.
Or stick with a solid white table cloth with black, white and yellow accents to Make a Summer Statement using another black & white color scheme. Ideas are endless.
Check out the double button napkin ring. Two large buttons one in white and one black is made into a napkin ring using an elastic cord and tied in knots through the button holes. Easy to make a Statement with these ideas.
Wether you like black and white or another color scheme, use your favorite patterns, mix and match until you find your happy spot in table decor.
Check out this easy Lemon Blossom Cookie Recipe to go along with your summer yellow, black and white table setting.
Get Recipe here:
Lemon Blossom Cookie Recipe
Rich lemon flavored cookies shaped like a summer flower.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 9-15 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert- Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
3/4 cup butter, tested Land a lakes
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1– 3 ounce package lemon gelatin dry mix- tested Jell-O
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup vanilla buttercream frosting-purchased
- Cream butter, sugar, gelatin, lemon extract and egg in large mixing bowl of electric mixer.
- On low speed gradually add 1 cup flour. Mix to blend.
- Roll dough into 1 -1/4″ balls. Cover and chill for one hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375. Place cookie balls on parchment lined baking sheet 2 ” apart.
- With sharp knife slit top of cookie ball 3/4″ into 5-6 slices to form petals without separating the individual petals.
- Shape wedges into petals making sure they are connected at the center.
- Chill 20 minutes for flowers to firm. Center of flower should be closed.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until done, be careful not to over brown.
- Fit piping bag with small round tip and pipe frosting into center of baked flowers.
Cookies can be baked and frozen up to 1 month. Frost cookie center when cookies are cooled. Store in sealed container until ready to serve.
Keywords: Lemon Blossom Cookies
To watch how to put these settings together check out the video.
To learn more about the Relish Cooking Show check out this pdf.