Make 4th of July Special with a Sparklers & Stripes “Fireworks” Red, White, Blue Bundt Cake. Simple boxed cake with a few added ingredients and solid blue center baked in a bundt pan. Once baked and cooled, the cake is drizzled with striped with red, white and blue frosting.
White cake mix makes perfect bundt cake recipe
I used Duncan Hines white cake mix, however the inspiration for this cake came from Betty Crocker.
In mixing bowl, add cake mix, package of instant white chocolate pudding & pie mix, egg whites, water, creme bouquet flavoring and vegetable oil. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour cake batter in greased and floured 9″ bundt pan. Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes or until center comes out clean.
What does the instant pudding do for the cake?
Adding the pudding mix will make the cake more like a pound cake, adding moisture and flavor. Slicing the cake will be easier too for the cake is firmer.
How is this cake different than Betty Crockers?
Mostly the decor however I did not create the red, white and blue cake layers but I did use the pudding mix and a red balloon weight for the center decor. I really liked the Betty Cocker cake, it is a pretty and looks delicious.
Decorate your table with red, white and blue. Feature the cake as centerpiece along with the white hydrangeas in star lined vase. Check out this table scape here.
Let’s bake this cake!Print
Sparklers & Stripes Fireworks Red, White, Blue Bundt Cake
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes +drizzle time
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert-Cake
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
1– 15.25 ounce package white cake mix- tested Duncan Hines
1– 3 ounce package white chocolate instant pudding and pie mix-dry
3 egg whites
1–1/3 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon creme bouquet or clear vanilla
Red, Blue food gel
3 cans white canned frosting
Decor: red ballon weight with stars and tinsel
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 9 or 10″ bundt cake pan. Set aside.
- Using stand mixer fitted with mixing paddle, add cake mix and remaining 5 ingredients. Beat for 2 minutes until cake mix is smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan.
- Bake in middle of oven for 40-45 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 20 minutes.
- Place food gel drops in white frosting , one for red and one for blue. Leave one can white. Place colored frosting in microwave for 10 seconds to thin to drizzle.
- Drizzle white, then add red, and last blue frosting over the top of cake to create the “bursting in air” look.
- Place balloon weight in center of the cake right before serving on cake stand.
- Store covered. Cake will freeze well before frosting.
Cake inspired by Betty Crocker
Keywords: Fireworks cake, 4th of July
Hope you will make this delicious and fun cake. xo Liz