Create easy dessert for St. Patricks day with fresh whipped cream, rich dark chocolate mousse served in sparkling green sugar rimmed parfait glasses. Takes moments to prepare for rave reviews. If you don’t like the parfait glass serve it a small glass dish. Get recipe below.
St.Patricks Day -Chocolate Mint Mousse
- Yield: 6- 5" small parfaits 1x
½ cup heavy whipping cream, heated
1-cup semi sweet chocolate morsels
½ teaspoon mint extract
1-cup cold heavy whipping cream
½ cup sifted confectioner’s sugar
¾ cup cold ganache
1 cup green candy wafers/or melts
1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
zip lock plastic bag-scissors
For Rimmed Shot Glasses:
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup coarse green sparkling sugar
- In small saucepan, heat whipping cream until warm, but not boiling.
- Add the chocolate morsels, stir until smooth and glossy.
- Add mint extract.
- Set aside to cool and harden slightly. Can refrigerate until ready to use.
- In large cold mixing bowl, beat cream until medium peaks form, gradually add confectioners sugar.
- Add cold ganache and whip until mixed.
- Fill a disposable pastry bag fitted with tip# 1 M with mousse.
- Pipe chocolate mousse into mini shot glasses or dessert parfaits.
- Garnish with piped Whipped Cream and candy Shamrock.
- Melt candy wafers in quart size zip lock bag by immersing bag into bowl of hot water.
- Do not allow water to touch candy.
- Massage bag until wafers are melted.
- Add extract and massage bag to blend.
- Clip one corner of bag to 1/8 inch.
- On parchment paper lined baking sheet pipe three small hearts each once connecting at the heart points to form a shamrock.
- Pipe a long stem. Be sure to fill in hearts with the candy melts. Allow to set up.
- Garnish mini dessert parfait mousse with Shamrock candy.
Rimmed Shot Glasses:
Dip rim of dessert dish/shot glass into corn syrup, do not immerse rim, just barely touch the rim for a thinner ring of sparkling glitz.
Dip wet edge into sparkling sugar. Set aside to dry before filling mousse into dishes.
How to make rim sugar- coated shot glasses/parfaits.
- Dip rim of dessert dish/shot glass into corn syrup, do not immerse rim, just barely touch the rim for a thinner ring of sparkling glitz.
- Dip wet edge into sparkling sugar. Set aside to dry before filling mousse into glasses.
To Make Jello Shots
Prepare one package of lime jello according to package. Pour jello into square 2 x 2″ dessert dishes and place at a slant in the refrigerator. ( I used a muffin tin to angle the container without spilling the gelatin). Chill until set/firm. Garnish with fresh whipped cream and chopped Ande’s Mints or Mini Chocolate Chips. Keep chilled until ready to serve. Yield: 4 servings.