Sweets and Savories Cookbook gives you the opportunity to showcase mini appetizers and desserts in an impressive and inviting presentation at your next event. These recipes are sure to please every discriminating palate. The first section of the cookbook features Sweets, mini cakes, cookies, and macrons divided by a colorful photo insert showcasing presentation ideas. The second half features Savories, mini appetizers, entertaining serving tips and suggestions.
Create elegant but easy appetizers ( Savories) and Desserts/ Candies ( Sweets) anytime you entertain or just for fun. You will certainly Make a Statement, Make it Sassy, and more importantly Make it Yours!®
Recipes and images/styling were created and developed by Liz Bushong.Print
Sweet & Savories Cookbook-Peanut Brittle
Make Peanut, Pistachio or Pumpkin Brittle for your next party. Just need a candy thermometer and simple ingredients. Best to make on a bright sunny day.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2-1/2 pounds 1x
- Category: Sweet- Candy
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
3 cups granulated sugar
1 –1/2 cups water
1– cup light corn syrup
2–1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts or nut/pumpkin seeds
1 teaspoon baking soda
(1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice- if making pumpkin brittle)
1/4 cup butter, no substitutes
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coat 2-baking or cookie sheets with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large saucepan, combine sugar, water, and syrup over medium high heat. Bring mixture to a boil; stir constantly, until candy thermometer reaches 235 F. Add nuts -( or seeds) stir constantly.
- Bring mixture to a boil to 300 F. Remove from heat, stir in remaining ingredients.
- Quickly pour mixture on baking sheet, shake to spread, do not use spoon to level.
- When cool, break into pieces.
- Serve as gifts, or small pieces with desserts.
- Best to make on a bright sunny day. Rainy days will cause brittle to be sticky.
- Do not use a spoon to level brittle on baking sheet, shaking pan from side to side will level the mixture. The brittle will lighten and expand when adding baking soda and vanilla. It is supposed to do this so don’t panic. You made it correctly. xo
Sweets & Savories Cookbook- ISBN # 978-0-9822081-1-3- Self Published