Tangy and sweet tomato soy sauce is a sauce you will spread on many meat dishes. Pork, beef, chicken and meatloaf comes to mind when baking with this sauce. Actually, you could also use this sauce mixed with pasta dishes. However, it is not made with actual fresh tomatoes, instead it is blended tomatoes as in ketchup. Four ingredients is all you need for this sassy sauce; ketchup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar.
Meatloaf bakes up a crispy exterior with this tomato soy sauce recipe. Make an extra batch for serving table side. Your guests will want to dip each bite into this sweet and savory sauce. Serve this sauce with meatloaf sliders for tailgating too.
Tomato Soy Sauce
Sweet, savory tomato soy sauce has 4 ingredients. Ketchup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. You can add a 1/2 teaspoon of dijon mustard for extra creaminess and flavor.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: none
- Total Time: 5-8 minutes
- Yield: 3/4 cup 1x
- Category: Sauce-Main Course Meats
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
1/2 cup ketchup-tested Hunts
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard- optional
- In small bowl, mix ketchup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar to blend until smooth. If desired add mustard.
- Make the sauce your own by adding diced onion, minced garlic, other herbs and spices.
- Double the batch in separate bowl for serving table side.
- Use separate utensils/ basting brushes when coating raw meat for this is a basting sauce. Be careful not to mix raw and baked meats together by basting with same brush.
Keywords: Sauce, Basting sauce, Tomato Soy Sauce
Other Ideas you might like to try: