- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare mini cupcake pan with mini liners or spray 2” mini cake pans with cooking spray.
- Combine first 6 ingredients. Beat batter for 2 minutes to blend. Fill plastic zip lock bag with batter, clip end of bag to ¼ – ½ “.
- Pipe half the batter into cupcake liners or mini 2” cake pans. Place shaped truffle into batter, then cover truffle with remaining cake batter.
- Bake cakes 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven. Let cool completely. You can frost or use wafer sheets for garnish.
- Set to Serve: Assemble cakes upside down on a white serving platter of choice. Cut out wafer paper to the size of the mini cakes, Brush cake bottoms (which are now the tops) lightly with corn syrup. Place the wafer cut outs on top of the cakes.
Place three mini cakes on a serving platter. Beside the cakes drizzle a line of raspberry sauce on to plate. Drop thinned sour cream in dots on the sauce. Take a toothpick and run the pick down the center of the white cream dots to form your string of hearts design.