Serve this hearty soup in shot glasses and mini grilled cheese sandwiches cut into triangles or serve in large soup bowls.
5 pounds Roma tomatoes, halved
1 large yellow onion, peeled and sliced thin
3 large carrots, peeled, sliced ½” thick
2 garlic heads, peeled cut in half
¼ cup olive oil
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons black pepper, ground
2– 32 oz. chicken broth
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
¼ teaspoon ground red pepper, optional
Garnish: Flat leaf parsley or celery sticks.
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a roasting pan with Aluminum foil. Coat with cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, carrots, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Pour vegetables into prepared pan and bake for one hour. At 30 minutes stir.
Continue to bake another 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes.
4. Using a blender or immersion blender, blend vegetables to puree or very smooth.
5. In large stock pot, combine puree, broth, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, more salt and pepper if needed. Add red pepper if desired. Whisk until smooth.
6. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook 10 minutes.
7. Serve in shot glasses or small glass bowls, garnish with celery sticks and Mini Grilled Cheese Sandwich triangles.