Whether you like cupcakes or cake you will want to make this easy Pistachio Swirl Cupcake Recipe. White cake mix is blended with a package of Pistachio Instant Pudding and Pie mix, eggs, oil and water. Inside the cupcake is a sugar, cinnamon and pecan nut center or swirl.
How to Make these CupcakesPrint
Pistachio Swirl Cupcake Recipe
A blend of pistachio instant pudding and white cake mixes with a few drops of green food gel make this cupcake easy to make. Inside the cupcake is a mixture of sugar, cinnamon and pecans.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 24 regular cupcakes 1x
- Category: Dessert- St. Patricks Day Cupcakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
1 package Jello ® Pistachio Instant Pudding and Pie mix
1 package white cake mix- tested Duncan Hines
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon creme bouquet or vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
1– 4ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
1/2 cup marshmallow cream, purchased
1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Prepare cupcake pan with cupcake liners, spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large mixing bowl, add cake mix and dry pudding mix, eggs, oil, sour cream, extract. Beat cake batter for 2 minutes.
- In medium mixing bowl, add sugar, nuts, and ground cinnamon, stir to mix.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill cupcake liners half full, spoon 1 teaspoon sugar nut mixture in center of cupcake batter. Cover top of sugar mixture with teaspoon of cake batter. Repeat process to fill cupcake liners.
- Bake cupcakes at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until center is done.
Frosting: After cupcakes are completely cool. Mix cream cheese, marshmallow cream, whipped cream and confectioner’s sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Beat frosting until thick and fluffy.
Fill pastry bag with tip fitted with 1 M with frosting. Pipe a center star, then pipe a circle around the center, adding two or three layers high. Sprinkle with shamrock sprinkles.
Keywords: Pistachio Swirl Cupcakes
Shamrock Sprinkles can be found at Michaels Craft Stores
Simple Ingredients for Pistachio Cupcakes
Add 6-8 drops of Green Food Coloring Gel to make cupcakes Green
ENJOY! This is an easy recipe with Sugar Cinnamon Nut Filling
Other Ideas you might like to try: