The one-inch round shortbread cookies are filled with diced candied ginger, orange peel, and cashews dusted with confectioner’s sugar like snow on a winter day. Ginger Orange Snow dusted cookies will satisfy every palate for those who love light spice and crunch. In honor of Christmas, present these cookies on a pretty tray in the shape of a Christmas tree. Garnish with tiny red and green M & M’s.
Perfect for Christmas gift giving and cookie trays
Whether taking a treat or packaging as a gift this little cookie is fast and easy to make. Simple pantry ingredients make this recipe a quick fix. The recipe uses confectioner’s sugar instead of granulated and cake flour instead of all purpose. Crystalized ginger adds just enough spice without being over powering. It is not hot but rather sweet and a great contrast with the orange peel. You can substitute orange peel for lemon if you prefer.
Do they Freeze Well???
Yes, these cookies freeze well for up to 3 weeks. To freeze, bake as normal, roll in confectioner’s sugar while warm, cool and package in a freezer zip-lock baggie. Before serving, thaw to room temperature and drench in confectioner’s sugar.
The Recipe-Ginger Orange Snow Dusted CookiesPrint
Ginger Orange Snow Dusted Cookies
One inch round shortbread cookie with candied ginger, diced orange peel, and cashews dusted with confectioner’s sugar like snow on a winter day.
- Prep Time: 20 min.+ 30 min chill
- Cook Time: 14 min.
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 4 dozen 1x
- Category: Dessert- Christmas Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
1 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar + 1 cup for dusting
2 teaspoons orange extract
2 teaspoons orange zest
2– 1/4 cups cake flour
1 cup chopped cashews
1/2 cup diced crystalized ginger
1/2 cup diced orange peel
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and confectioner’s sugar until blended.
- Beat in lemon extract and peel, add crystalized ginger, orange peel and cashews.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place cookies on parchment lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake 14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Allow cookies to cool 5 minutes before removing from baking pan.
- Roll cookies in reserved confectioner’s sugar. Re roll cookies right before serving with confectioner’s sugar to resemble dusted snow.
To Substitute all-purpose flour for cake flour just reduce to flour to 2 cups instead of 2 -1/4 cups.
Keywords: Ginger Orange Snow Dusted Cookies, Christmas Cookies
Other Ideas you might like to try: Click on photo for recipe
Feel free to share this post with family and friends. xo Liz