Maple Leaf Cookies with Maple Balsamic Glaze has a secret ingredient! It is Vermont Maple Balsamic Vinegar! These soft butter cookies are made with real butter and maple balsamic vinegar. Maple leaf Cookie Cutter can be found here.
Maple Leaf Cookie recipe has a Maple Balsamic Glaze. The glaze is creamy buttercream with a hint of maple flavoring. You will love it. I served this with Maple ice cream and everyone loved it. You will too. Watch the how to videos below and then check out the other recipes when you can. You will want to make these. If you don’t have the vinegar.. no worries, just use maple extract. These cookies are light, but buttery and well.. just delicious!Print
Maple Leaf Cookie Recipe
- Yield: 36 cookies 1x
1 cup butter, chilled, cut into tablespoon pieces+2 tablespoons for glaze
8 tablespoons maple syrup-divided
2 tablespoon Vermont Maple Balsamic vinegar-divided
2 large egg yolks
1 teaspoon maple extract
2 cups confectioner’s sugar-divided
3 cups all purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup toasted Vermont Maple Balsamic Vinegar pecans, chopped as desired
Toasted Vermont Maple White Balsamic Pecans
1 cup pecans
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons Vermont Maple Balsamic Vinegar*
In small zip lock bag, place all ingredients, shake to coat and place pecans on a parchment lined baking sheet. Toast in oven at 350 for 20 minutes, stir at 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Use these pecans on Maple leaf cookies, on top of Maple ice cream, salads, or give as a gift.
- In food processor with steel blade, pulse flour, 1 cup confectioner’s sugar and salt until combined.
- Add chilled butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add egg yolks, 4 tablespoons maple syrup, 1 tablespoon Maple Balsamic Vinegar, maple extract and process until soft dough is formed.
- Divide dough in half, pat into rectangle, and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate one hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Adjust oven rack to upper-middle and lower-middle positions.
- Roll each dough half to ¼ inch thickness and re-chill 10 minutes. Using a maple leaf cookie cutter, cut out shapes.
- Place on baking sheets ½ inch apart. Bake until edges are lightly browned, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cookies cool before removing from pans.
To make glaze:
In glass proof microwave dish melt 2 tablespoons butter, 4 tablespoons maple syrup, and 1 cup sifted confectioner’s sugar. Whisk until smooth. Spread thinly on each cooled cookie, top with toasted pecans.