Explore the flavors of fall with Cinnamon Glazed Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes! Simple ingredients and warm spices; cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cardamon make this sweet little donut hard to resist. Tender on the inside and crunchy on the outside, pumpkin spice donuts will be your new favorite fall treat. Whether you fry them in a skillet or bake in the oven, you will love these donuts. So delicious!
How to Make Pumpkin Donut Holes for Snacking
What makes this Pumpkin Flavor so Brilliant?
Its the Cardamon spice, its richer than cloves, almost has a peppery ginger flavor. Because Cardamon is made from the seed pods of plants from the ginger family. Typically the seeds are small and black, while cardamon pods can differ in color and size determined by species.
Pumpkin puree not pie filling also adds to the pumpkin flavor and makes the donuts moist almost like pumpkin bread. To add a bit more flavor excitement add mini chocolate chips to the batter before frying. Yes, these little jewels are fried but not for long. After frying and draining the excess oil, they are drizzled with Cinnamon Glaze.
You will love this little fall treat. So make two batches they will be eaten fast. It is best to eat these the day you make them or up to one day after. Keep covered in sealed container.
Cinnamon Glazed Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 6-7 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3 dozen mini doughnuts 1x
- Category: Desserts- Bread
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: American
2-(48 ounce) Vegetable oil
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons Baking Powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom- or cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree-tested Libby’s
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon maple syrup
3 cups confectioner’s sugar, sifted
3 tablespoons heavy cream
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In large dutch oven, pour oil to a 3″ depth. Heat oil over medium high heat to 375 F. Preheat oven to 350.
- Sift together the first 6 dry ingredients and set aside. In a small saucepan, heat pumpkin puree and brown sugar over medium high heat to remove some of the pumpkin wetness and to develop pumpkin flavor. Stir as to keep from burning 3 minutes. Remove from saucepan into a medium sized bowl. Allow to cool.
- Add to the pumpkin mixture, the eggs, and syrup, stir to combine, then whisk in dry ingredients until mixture is smooth.
- Using a 1-1/4 inch spring-loaded ice-cream scoop, carefully drop pumpkin batter into hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- Drain holes on paper towel lined baking sheet to remove excess oil, then place on another parchment lined baking sheet and place in oven for 10 minutes to continue baking or until center of doughnut is done. Remove from oven.
- Place holes on wire cooling rack on top of baking sheet to catch glaze.
- Pour cinnamon glaze over the warm doughnut holes. Let cool completely. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days.. if they last that long.
In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients until smooth. Pour over warm doughnut holes.
Recipe developed by Liz Bushong.
Keywords: Pumpkin Donuts
Other Ideas you might like to try: