Easy- to-make buttermilk pancakes and cooked sausage links are rolled into cones and served in individual cups with maple syrup. The pancakes are flavored with maple balsamic vinegar for a new twist on making pancakes. To finish the pancake and sausage breakfast roll ups, fresh cinnamon whipped cream is piped inside the cone and sprinkled with ground cinnamon. So much fun to serve and eat!!! Your guests will love this easy and fun recipe.
Pancakes & Sausage Breakfast Roll Ups
Easy Buttermilk Pancakes filled with cooked sausage links rolled like a cone garnished with cream cheese whipped cream filling and served in maple syrup cups. Pancakes and sausages can be made-a- head, cooked, cooled -wrapped, and frozen up to 2 weeks in advance.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 6-8-servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast-Brunch
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
8– 6 inch thin pancakes* Recipe follows
8– skinny sausage links, browned and drained
Cream Cheese Whipped Cream Ingredients:
1 – 8 ounce package cream cheese
2 cups heavy whipping cream ,whipped
1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons maple syrup per container
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon-garnish
Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
2 –2/3 cups all purpose flour
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
1– 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg & cinnamon
3 cups buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon cream bouquet, vanilla or maple extract
1/2 teaspoon Maple Balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and spices.
- Whisk in buttermilk, vegetable oil, eggs, and extracts. Blend well.
- Lightly spray skillet or griddle with cooking spray.
- Pour 3-4 tablespoons of pancake batter on lightly sprayed cast iron skillet or griddle.
Cook pancakes over medium high heat turning over cakes at 3 minutes for each side.
- Remove from skillet and immediately roll pancakes into a cone shape. Cover & set aside.
- In separate chilled mixing bowl with wire whisk, whip heavy whipping cream with confectioner’s sugar.
- In another small bowl, beat together softened cream cheese and ground cinnamon.
- Add whipped cream to cream cheese mixture. Beat to combine.
- Place filling into a disposable pastry bag fitted with a star tip # 1 M.
- When ready to serve, place cooked sausage link inside the rolled pancake.
- Position pancake in individual serving square cups with 2 teaspoons of maple syrup.
- Place in microwave to reheat before serving.
- Pipe cream cheese filling on top of wrapped pancake cone right before serving.
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon.