Thin sliced sweet potatoes are layered in ramekins, topped with a praline topping, brown sugar, flour, toasted walnuts, butter and oatmeal for s crunching topping.Print
Stacked Sweet Potatoes with Praline Topping Recipe
- Yield: 6- 6 ounce servings
6 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced to 1/8”
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
6 tablespoons butter, divided into 1 teaspoon per dish
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup light or dark brown sugar, packed
1-cup butter, soft
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg and cinnamon
½ cup chopped toasted walnuts
¼ cup coconut, toasted, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Lightly grease 6 (6-ounce) ramekins/custard cups with vegetable oil. Place on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients for praline topping, mix into a crumble. Set aside.
- Slice peeled sweet potatoes into 1/8-inch slices. Discard ends and small pieces. In zip lock bag, combine sugars and potato slices. Shake to coat.
- Divide slices evenly among ramekins, overlapping slices to make a round shape. Layer 4 layers, add teaspoon of butter, then continue to layer slices extending ½ inch above the top of ramekin. Top with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes covered with foil. Potatoes will shrink allowing room for topping. After 35 minutes add praline topping, bake additional 25 minutes. (Total baking time-60 minutes.) Cover with foil if topping begins to overbrown.
- To serve, invert onto individual plates. Invert to make sure praline is on top of slices.