Super Hero Sandwich Recipe
Super Hero Sandwich Recipe is perfect for anyone who loves a hearty sandwich. When it comes to super hero’s we often think of mighty men of valor fighting evil vigilantes combating threats against humanity but in this case, we are celebrating a super hero sandwich! To honor your super hero make them a supersonic hearty meat and cheese filled hero sandwich, guaranteed to make them think they can “leap tall buildings in a single bound!” This hearty meat and cheese filled sandwich features a crusty sesame seed bread spread with mayonnaise and Ranch jalapeno dressing. Layers of peppered turkey, black forest ham, hard salami, thinly sliced sopressata, hard salami, mortadella, and provolone cheese are the key ingredients to this hearty sandwich. I rolled the ham and turkey, but not the remaining meats and cheese.
Shredded iceberg lettuce sprinkled with dried oregano, salt and pepper is drizzled with an oil and vinegar dressing. You could use chopped romaine if you like that better than iceberg. I sliced the lettuce very thinly then placed in a glass bowl. At this point I added the oil and vinegar to the lettuce and let it sit a few minutes before placing on the sandwich.
Next, came the thinly sliced ripe tomatoes and fresh raw red onion rings . To keep this monstrosity of a sandwich together, a cherry tomato with sweet pickle chip are skewered with a long toothpick equally spaced on top of the sandwich.
Another flavor tip for this Super Hero Sandwich is wrapping the hero in plastic wrap and refrigerating for a couple of hours. The flavors really blend and the bread is not soggy. Of course, I didn’t drench the sandwich with the oil and vinegar. ha ha. You could also toast the crusty bread before piling on the good stuff, that would help keep the sandwich from being to soggy.
Super Hero Sandwich|Layered Ingredients
A note about Sopressata and Mortadella; both are Italian cured sausages to make a pepperoni style meat that is found in genuine Italian hero sandwiches. These meats are usually made from pork fat and other miscellaneous sources of pork pieces. The sopressata is becoming the new pepperoni on pizzas in large city pizzerias. If your local deli does not have sopressata or mortadella, select the hard salami and pepperoni for a wonderful Italian hero sandwich.
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons Newman’s oil and vinegar dressing
- 1-14 “ loaf Italian bread with sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons Hellmann’s mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Lite house Jalapeno Ranch dressing
- 2 cups finely shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion rings, separated
- 5 oz. thinly sliced hard salami
- 5 oz. thinly sliced peppered turkey
- 5 oz. thinly sliced black forest ham
- 5 oz. thinly sliced sopressata
- 5 oz. thinly sliced mortadella
- 5 oz. thinly sliced provolone cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together Newman’s oil and vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add shredded iceberg lettuce, toss to coat. Set aside.
- On a work surface, place a long piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper and position the bottom half of the cut loaf over the wrap.
- In small custard cup, mix together mayonnaise and ranch dressing.
- Stir to combine and spread over the bread.
- Layer ham, turkey, sopressata, mortadella, and salami, provolone cheese, tomato slices, onion rings and shredded lettuce.
- Top with sesame seed top crust.
- Wrap sandwich in plastic wrap or parchment paper and refrigerate for at least one hour or up to 4 hours to develop the flavors.
- To serve, unwrap sandwich and garnish with cherry tomato with pickle slice skewered with a frilly toothpick.
- The picks will keep the sandwich together while cutting.
- Cut sandwich into desired portions.
Super Hero Sandwich & Seasoned Chips
Served with the hero sandwich are spiced potato chips. Heat potato chips on a baking sheet for a few minutes until the chips begin to shine, add your favorite herbs and spices toss and coat. Our chips were coated with Montreal steak seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. The steak seasoning on the chips compliment the jalapeno dressing on the sandwich. Seasoned Potato Chip recipe http://serveitupsassy.com/seasoned-potato-chips/
Super Hero Sandwich & Brownies
Every super hero has to have a dessert and what hero doesn’t love a rich dark dense caramel coated chocolate brownie? Melted caramel bits, chopped pecans and dark chocolate morsels are added to the ‘just out of the oven’ warm brownies. The brownies are refrigerated until set and cut into 2 x 2 inch squares before serving. These brownies will be eaten in a flash!
Super Hero Sandwich Ready to Eat!
Who is your super hero? I’m sure it is not a sandwich, but a true super hero. A super hero is a person who is admired for their achievements and noble qualities, a warrior, or it can be an ordinary person facing extraordinary circumstances that acts with courage, honor and self-sacrifice. Sometimes a super hero lives in the hearts of children fighting big battles.
Your super hero probably doesn’t wear a cape, mask, or wear a label that refers to super hero status instead they calmly go about the day dedicated to a moral code “protecting truth, justice and the American way”. Be determined to be someone’s super hero.
Helping you Make a Statement, Make it Sassy and Make it Yours! ®