Looking for a great sub sandwich for lunch? Make this Hot Italian Sub with home made French Bread and deli meats with veggies. Yelp French bread although you can use Italian to make this delicious heated sandwich. Because this sandwich was assembled and broiled until cheese melts and veggies crisp makes the prep work fast and fun.
Sandwich begins with cutting the bread into 3-4 ” widths and split horizontally. Bring out the baking sheet and broil the bread halves until crispy brown… but not burned.
Meanwhile, cut tomato, green pepper, black olives, red onion, spinach leaves, and mushrooms into thin slices. Lay out smoky ham, hard salami, pepperoni, and provolone cheese. If you want to make it spicy hot, add sliced jalapeno with spicy mustard.
This is where the French meet the Italian…
Layer meats and cheese on one side of toasted bread slice and fresh veggies on the other half, broil a few minutes to melt and crisp then sandwich together! YUM!!! So easy and so good. Crisp, crunchy full-flavored sandwich. Serve with chips, olive oil and vinegar mix, or eat alone …this sandwich will be your quick go to.
Whether you like French or Italian Bread -Get Recipe HerePrint
Hot Italian Sub Sandwich Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4-sandwiches 1x
- Category: Bread-Sandwich
- Method: Broil
- Cuisine: French/Italian
1 pound Black Forest Ham or ham of choice, thin sliced
10 slices hard salami, thin sliced
10 slices pepperoni, thin sliced
10 slices provolone cheese, thin sliced
1 green pepper, cored and sliced in rings
1 red onion, sliced
1–2 ripe tomatoes or several cherry tomatoes, thin sliced
bunch of fresh spinach, thinly sliced
10 mushrooms, thinly sliced
10-black olives, thinly sliced
mayo, mustard other condiments- optional
- Make bread or purchase French or Italian Bread loaf. Cut into desired widths for sandwiches.
- Cut bread widths into horizontal pieces. Place on baking sheet and broil in oven for 5-8 minutes until golden but not burned.
- Assembly vegetables, meat and cheese into sections on wooden chopping board.
- Remove bread from broiler, layer meat and cheese on one half of sandwich, layer fresh sliced vegetables on remaining bread half.
- Return to broiler, broil til cheese melts and veggies cook 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sandwich the halves together to make a sandwich.
- Serve with oil & vinegar, or other dipping sauces, chips, or slaw.
Keywords: #hot Italian Sandwich #bread #French