Mix up a batch of Almond Poppy Seed Mini Muffins recipe for breakfast. Cake flour, baking powder, poppy seeds and salt, the dry ingredients are added to melted butter, eggs, sugar, almond extract. Because this recipe batter is looser than most muffin batters the baked crumb will be light and tender. Preheating the oven to 375 degrees will increase the rise in the muffins as well as form a crispy outside but tender inside. Check out the recipe and steps below. One note… this batter can be refrigerated overnight then baked.
Mini Muffins with Almond Slices
Enjoy!!! xo Liz
Almond Poppy Seed Mini Muffins
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 24 mini muffins or 12 regular 1x
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
1–1/4 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
4 ounces Almond paste, cubed
2 teaspoons almond extract
1 cup buttermilk
3 tablespoons sour cream or greek yogurt
2–1/8 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons poppy seeds
2 tablespoons sliced almonds-garnish- optional
Almond Glaze- optional
1–1/2 cups confectioners sugar
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 teaspoons half n half or milk
Mix all ingredients together until desired consistency. Drizzle over warm muffins if desired.
- Preheat oven to 375. Prepare mini muffin pan with lightly sprayed cooking spray.
- In food processor, combine sugar and almond paste, pulse to blend 1 minute.
- Transfer mixture to large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, soda, salt and poppy seeds.
- Make a well in dry ingredients, add eggs, buttermilk, sour cream, extract and melted butter. Combine all ingredients and stir to blend. do not over mix batter.
- Fill each cup 3/4 full with batter. Sprinkle with almond slices if desired.
- Bake muffins at 375 for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool, remove muffins.
- If desired, drizzle with almond glaze or sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar.
Products are from Amazon affiliate program which I could potentially earn small % income from qualifying purchases.