Need a quick pie for dinner? Make the Best Apple Crumble Topped Pie featuring refrigerated pie crust, sliced gala apples tossed in flour, brown sugar, & spices. Whether hosting a dinner party for simple evening meal this dessert pie will be one to please. The recipe makes one pie, however you might want to make two for good measure.
To make the crumble topping; mix together oatmeal, flour, brown sugar, softened butter, toasted coconut and chopped pecans. Bake slow and low at 325 degrees to make this pie juicy and delicious. Serve it up sassy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. YUM!
Best Apple Crumble Topped Pie Recipe
The crumble topping can be made ahead and frozen until ready to bake. You can use this topping mix for cobblers, muffins, and other fruit pies/tarts.
Here Ya Go!Print
Apple Crumble Pie Recipe
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 75 minutes
- Total Time: 95 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings or 1- 9" pie 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
1 roll-refrigerated pie crust or make your own single crust shell
5–6 medium size gala or granny smith apples, peeled, cored, sliced 1/4″ thick
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1–1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup raw oatmeal, regular or quick
3/4 cup flour
3/4 up brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sweetened coconut, toasted
3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Place pie crust in glass 9″ pie plate or small 10 ” cast iron skillet. If using skillet, slightly roll crust to ensure crust covers bottom and sids of skillet. Crimp edges and set aside.
- In separate baking pans, toast coconut and chopped pecans for topping in 325 degree oven for 10-15 minutes until toasted. Set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl, mix prepared apples, flour, sugars, butter and spices. Toss to coat, place in pastry crust lined pie plate or skillet.
- In medium mixing bowl, mix together oatmeal, flour, brown sugar, butter coconut and pecans.
- Spread crumble over the top of apples mixture.
- Bake at 325 F for 75 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm or cold with vanilla ice cream.
- Recipes makes one pie.
- Crumble topping can be made ahead and frozen to be used for cobblers and other quick baked desserts/muffins.
- Cover edges of pie crust with foil to prevent quick burning. Remove foil after 45 minutes of baking.
- This pie with crumble can also be bake in a 9″ x 13″ baking dish.
Other Ideas you might like to try: Click on photo or links for recipe