Fall and Apple Cider go together like peanut butter and jelly. Make this Apple Cider Bundt Cake with Apple Cider glaze for supper, cake walks or anytime you want cake. This cake has a tender crumb and tart apple flavor. Apple cider is reduced to make the glaze. Check out recipe below.
Apple Cider Bundt Cake
- Prep Time: 20 mintues
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: -26150748.8833 minute
- Yield: 8-12 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Apple Cider Glaze
2 Tablespoons reduced cider
¾ cup confectioner’s sugar
Whisk together, cover and set aside.
4 cups apple cider
Reduce in skillet 60 minutes to get 1 cup
Divide the 1 cup reduced cider into two bowls- set aside.
1 golden delicious apple, peeled, cored and shredded
1-teaspoon vanilla or crème bouquet
1-cup apple cider
½ cup vegetable oil
1-Classic White Cake mix- Duncan Hines tested
1–3.4 oz package Vanilla Instant Pudding & Pie Mix
¼ cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, allspice, & cardamom
Prepare Sauce reduction: In large skillet add 4 cups of apple cider and cook over medium heat until cider reduces to 1 cup. This will take one hour. Once the reduction is finished remove from skillet. Separate the sauce in half into two separate small bowls. One bowl for glaze, one for brushing the cake while warm.
- Grease and flour 12 cup bundt pan, Set aside
- Preheat oven 350.
- In large mixing bowl add all ingredients. Beat for 2 minutes until combined. Pour in bundt pan level batter with flat edge spatula if necessary.
- Bake cake 55-65 minutes. Test with toothpick at 55 minutes to see if cake is baked in center. If not then bake additional minutes.
- Brush reduced cider over the top of cake while in pan. Let cool 10 minutes
- Remove cake from pan while warm. Brush cake with reduced cider, set 20 minutes.
- Make glaze: combine ingredients in small bowl, drizzle over cake.
- Allow cake to sit one hour before cutting.