Want to make the Best Candy Cane Cake Ever? You will when you try this recipe. This French Vanilla Cake is baked with a peppermint swirled layer inside and frosted with buttercream frosting then sprinkled with crushed candy canes. Simple and easy to make especially the decorating with a handful of candy canes that decorate the center of the cake. This recipe will be your go-to-Dessert for Christmas!
Best Candy Cane Cake Ever!
Cake is baked in a bundt pan with a ribbon of peppermint batter layered inside the cake and decorated with full size candy canes standing in the center of the baked and frosted cake.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1-18.25 ounce package French Vanilla White cake mix
- 1-3 ounce package vanilla instant pudding & pie mix
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 -1/3 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies-garnish
- 24 large peppermint sticks-garnish
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
4 cups confectioner’s sugar
1 cup butter, softened- tested Land a Lakes
1 teaspoon clear vanilla or creme bouquet extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1-2 tablespoons half n half or cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour fluted pan, set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, add cake mix, pudding mix, egg whites, water and oil. Beat on low speed.
- Separate batter into a one cup measure and place in a separate bowl. To this mixture add the food coloring and extract. Stir to combine, set aside.
- Pour 1/3 white cake batter into prepared pan, smooth top with back of spoon, making a tunnel
- Add red batter onto tunnel, be careful not to touch sides of pan with red batter.
- Add remaining white batter on top of red/pink batter. Gently smooth batter top.
- Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until center is done.
- Remove from oven and invert onto cooling rack.
- Frost with buttercream frosting when cake is cooled, then sprinkle with peppermint candies.
Frosting: In medium mixing bowl, cream butter and confectioner’s sugar together, add extracts and cream. Continue whipping frosting until smooth and creamy. If frosting is too stiff add increments of cream.
Check out Chocolate Peppermint Candy Cane Cake recipe for a different way to serve.
- The candy canes are standing in a small white cup that fits in the center of the bundt cake.
- The candy canes are not unwrapped so guests can take home.
Other Holiday Desserts you might like to try!
Enjoy these great desserts! Let me know how you served them up sassy!®