When you “need a little Christmas, right this very minute,” serve up Cranberry Apricot Chutney. Fresh cranberries, dried apricots and apricot jam are the key ingredients to this delicious chutney. Chutney is a thickened sauce that is cooked in a saucepan with dried fruits, herbs or vegetables. Cranberry Apricot Chutney is more sweet than savory and thick enough to serve on crusty bread or slice of turkey.
Chutney Recipe As a Gift
Serve as an Appetizer
This chutney takes minutes to prepare and is delicious on turkey crostini for a quick appetizer. When giving this chutney recipe as gift, be sure to mention that this item needs to be refrigerated. The recipe will make two cups, one to give and one to keep on hand for your own personal stash.
Cranberry Apricot Chutney
Thick cranberry and apricot filled chutney perfect for turkey and chicken as an appetizer or side garnish.
- Prep Time: 10 mins.
- Cook Time: 35 mins.
- Total Time: 40-60 minutes
- Yield: 4-1/2 cup servings 1x
- Category: Chutney-Gift Giving
- Method: Cooktop
- Cuisine: American
1–8 ounce package fresh cranberries
1–7 ounce package dried apricots, chopped
2/3 cup apricot preserves
½ cup water
1 shallot finely chopped.
- In saucepan, combine all ingredients; cook until reduced by a third. About 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Store in refrigerator until ready to give or personally use.
- For Gift Giving: Fill half pint jars or other decorative glass jars. Tie with a ribbon.
- Attach recipe if desired.