Looking for a Caramel Dipping sauce for sliced apples? Caramel flavor is made from sweetened condensed milk, Karo syrup, brown sugar and butter. This is a soft caramel and used for dipping apple slices but the recipe is too soft for Caramel apples.
Caramel Apple Dip with No Caramel
Apple Caramel Sauce-Dip Recipe
Easy to make Caramel Apple Flavored Sauce or Dip. It’s thick, creamy and delicious for dipping apples wedges. Sweetened condensed milk when cooked makes caramel.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours & 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Cooktop
- Cuisine: American
1– 12 ounce can Eagle Brand, Sweetened Condensed Milk
8 tablespoons butter
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup dark Karo syrup or corn syrup
- In a double boiler over medium heat, place all ingredients in the top of the double boiler. Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Cook for 2 hours or until thick.
- Stir occasional to make sure sauce does not stick. Make sure you have enough water in the double boiler so it doesn’t evaporate to soon.
- The color will not be as dark as store bought caramel topping.
- Serve with apple wedges, marshmallows, graham crackers
This is not a recipe for coating apples with caramel. The caramel is too soft and will not stick to the sides of an apple. Go to Carmel Apple Recipe on this website for a great caramel apple perfect for dipping apples that will stick to the apple.
Keywords: Apple Dip, Recipes, Fall