Looking for a moist and delicious old fashioned moist pumpkin bread? Canned Pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, eggs, pecans, mini chocolate chips and dry ingredients makes this bread recipe easy to make. Mix the dry ingredients in separate bowl then making a well in the middle add the wet ingredients.
Make this recipe in one loaf pan or 4 mini pans for gift giving. If you want to add pumpkin streusel to the top of the bread, check out this recipe. Add streusel before baking for a crisp crunchy topping and garnish.
Best Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Easy pumpkin bread recipe for gift giving. Freezes well. Toast the pecans before adding to the batter for best nutty flavor. Libby’s canned pumpkin puree was used in this recipe. Creates a lovely pumpkin bread color and flavor.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 1-9 "x 5" loaf 1x
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
1 –3/4 cup all purpose flour
1– 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon Baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon and nutmeg
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup water
1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
1 cup Libby’s canned Pumpkin puree ( not filling)
1 cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips- optional
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare loaf pan with cooking spray , set aside.
- Sift together in a large bowl first 5 dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Add oil, water, pumpkin and eggs, using a fork blend flour with wet ingredients, stir to blend.
- Add mini chocolate chips and toasted pecans. Stir to coat.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smooth top.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes. If using mini loaf pans, bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick in center of cake comes out clean. ( done in the center)
- Remove from oven and cool before serving or freezing.
To freeze pumpkin bread, wrap in plastic wrap and then foil, label and freeze until needed.
Enjoy! Happy Baking!!!
Helping you Make a Statement, Make it Sassy and Make it Yours! ™