Tis the season for Snow Globes! Make this cute Snow Globe Cake using purchased cake and 8″ glass bubble bowl. With a few ingredients and a little bit of time you can make and take this cake to every Christmas party of the season.
Start with a home made or purchased white coconut covered cake. Place cake on cake stand, add peppermint striped candy sticks to sides of cake with frosting ( so sticks will adhere to the sides of the cake). Center a Christmas ornament like a sleigh or other globe decor on top of cake. Position glass bubble bowl upside down over ornament, add a felt snowman hat and your good to go!
Idea adapted from Taste of Home Magazine. 2011Print
Snow Globe Cake
- Yield: 1-8 inch two layer cake 1x
1 –8 inch round two -layer white frosted cake-no décor-purchased or home made.
3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
2 cups vanilla frosting
25 + peppermint sticks- 5 inches tall *
Snowman ornament of choice or winter snow scene- 4 inch x 4 inch
1–8 inch glass bubble bowl, with a 6-7 inch opening-purchased @ Michaels
1– 4 x 6 inch felt top hat-purchased at Michaels Craft Store
8 inch round glass cake pedestal or cake plate
- Using one cup of vanilla frosting- re-frost top of purchased cake
- Toss 1 cup of coconut on top of newly frosted cake.
- Dab back- side of peppermint sticks with frosting in two places, attach to sides of cake vertically. If you prefer to use coconut, thinly re-frost cake and add coconut to the sides of the cake instead of the peppermint sticks.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap discretely under the ornament or scene, place on center of cake.
- Before serving cake, add glass dome. Attach top hat to top of glass dome.
- Remove glass dome and ornament before serving.
Ordered green and white peppermint sticks by www.candywarehouse.com
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home-Happiness Under Glass,
Marie Louise Ludwig