Got Cookies? Stir up a batch food processor brown butter pecan chocolate chip cookies. Brown butter makes this cookie have a nutty flavor and a tender crumb. Chopped pecans and jumbo chocolate chips add additional flavor and texture to the batter. Large 1/4 cup scoop makes cookies all the same size.
Brown Butter Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Easy Food Processor cookies using browned butter, pecans, and jumbo chocolate chips. If you don’t have a food processor, no worries just chop your pecans and add to flour mixture.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
- Total Time: 30-35 minutes
- Yield: 14-15 large cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert- Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
1–1/2 sticks butter, (12 tablespoons)
2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1–3/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped-divided
1–1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1–1/2 cups jumbo chocolate chips, semisweet
- Preheat oven to 375 convection bake or standard oven. Adjust racks to middle position. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In skillet, melt butter over medium heat, stirring until butter begins to brown about 3 -4 minutes. Remove from skillet, pour butter in measuring cup, set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, measure flour, baking soda and salt in large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In food processor fitted with steel blade add 3/4 cup toasted pecans, dark and granulated sugars. Process 50 seconds.
- Add eggs, vanilla and browned butter. Process until thickened about 60 seconds.
- Transfer batter from processor to mixing bowl with flour. Add remaining 1 cup pecans and jumbo chips. Stir with wooden spoon until mixture is blended.
- Using a 1/4 cup scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet. Flatten with floured spatula or hands to 1/4″ thick.
- Bake cookies 8-10 minutes until cookies are golden brown. Rotate baking sheet at 6 minutes for even baking. Bake one tray at a time for best results.
- Remove from oven and let cool before moving from baking sheet.
- Store cookies in air tight container or wrap and freeze for future.
- If you don’t have an ice cream /1-4 cup scoop drop 2 tablespoons dough onto baking sheet and slightly flatten. Bake as recommended. Drop cookies will make 24 cookies.
- For best results use real butter and not margarine. Salted or unsalted your choice.
- Cookies can be baked and frozen for make-a-head baking.
Keywords: Brown Butter Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Baking Tools You Might Like to Have On Hand:
Tools are Amazon affiliate links.
Stainless Steel 1/4 cup scoop will make your cookies all the same size as in photo.
Hope you will try these cookies. They are delicious!
Other Recipe to try: