Kick off summer with these easy to make Mini Strawberry Pies! The two ingredient pies feature canned pie filling and pie crust. All you need to do is bake the crust in a mason jar rim with lid. They are about 3″ around and bake beautifully in these make shift baking pie pans. Cut lengths and stars cover the strawberry filling creating the stars n stripes.
How to make Mini Pies
Because we are baking in a mason jar lid with rim, you will want to make sure you use new lids/rims. Sometimes after canning they will develop rust so reusing what you have may or may not be a good thing in this case.
Whether using small lids and rims or the wide mouth kind, both will make cute little pies.
Simple 2 Ingredient Pies
All you need is refrigerated pie crust and canned pie filling. Select the best canned pie filling with extra fruit for best results. You will want to fill the pastry lined lid and rim with more berries than juice to prevent overflow during baking.Print
Mini Strawberry Pies|Stars n Stripes
Easy to make two ingredient mini pies. Baked in large mouth mason jar rims and lids for cute size and convenience. Try it you will love these sweet filled pies.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 mini pies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
1 -can purchased Strawberry or Cherry/any flavor pie filling-tested Comstock
1 package refrigerated pie crust- tested Pillsbury
egg wash -optional
Sparkling sugar- optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Convection bake will make crust brown more evenly.
- Wash wide mouth jar lids and new rims with soapy water, rinse and dry throughly.
- Roll out pastry crust, gently roll circle to enlarge to make 4 pies.
- Using a large round cookie cutter, that is 1/2″ larger than the rim, cut out pastry circles.
- Position crust inside and up sides of rim and lid. No need to spray new pie pan.
- Fill crust with canned filling leaving a 1/4″ headspace from top of rim.
- Pick up pie crust scraps, roll out and cut dough into 4 stars and the rest long 1/4″ lengths to form the star and stripes.
- Place strips over the filling to the rim. pinch off excess dough tucking under rim sides or to edge of filling. Place star in center of stripes.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned but done. If not done- cover with foil to prevent burning.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before moving to serving plate/cake stand. Remove rims and lid before serving.
The baking technique was inspired by Must love home blog.
Keywords: Mini Strawberry PIe , Food, Recipes, Dessert, Crusts, Jar Lid Crust
Wide mouth jar lids and rims can be found here or at grocery store canning isle. ( This is an affiliate link)
Other ideas you might like to try: