Mini Pumpkin Doughnuts contain pureed pumpkin, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg and baked in a mini round doughnut baking pan. Baked at 425 for 4-6 minutes and decorated with toasted coconut, chocolate jimmies, sparkling sugars.
What makes the Pumpkin Flavor?
Canned Pumpkin Puree not pie filling makes this little donut bite full of fall flavors. Using ground cinnamon & nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice instead of individual spices. adds to the overall great flavor. These minis are baked and not fried and takes moments to make and bake. Heated in a 375 degree oven, will take about 6-8 minutes for them to bake. I used a tiny donut baking pan.
Note: The mini donuts will not last long before getting sticky due to the richness of the batter so it is best to bake these the day you plan to serve.
Takes 6 -8 minutes to bake in the tiny donut baking pan. Have plenty of toppings to dip the minis in for added fun, presentation and flavor.
I used confectioner’s sugar glaze, sweetened shredded coconut, diced pecans or nuts, sparkling sugar, melted dark chocolate. To chop the sweetened coconut to make it mini, I used my food processor with steel blade. Another great idea would be to use desiccated coconut. It is tiny shredded coconut and works beautifully toasted on top of these cute doughnuts.Print
Mini Pumpkin Doughnuts
Made with Libby’s canned pumpkin puree, not the pumpkin pie filling. Baked in small doughnut baking pan. Garnished with various toppings.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6-8 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 48 mini donuts 1x
- Category: Bread-Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
1–1/2 cups cake flour, sifted
1–1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup pumpkin puree-tested Libby’s
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon grated orange rind
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 425. Lightly spray doughnut pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, sift together cake flour, salt, baking powder and spices. Set aside.
- Make a well in flour mixture and add pumpkin puree, brown sugar, egg, juice, and butter.
- Stir ingredients to blend. Fill each doughnut cup approximately 1/3 full, about 1/2 tablespoon of batter. Tap pan on counter to evenly spread batter in cups.
- Bake 4-6 minutes or until the top of the doughnuts spring back when touched.
- Cool in pan 4-5 minutes, remove to cooling rack.
- When doughnuts are cool, frost with glaze, sprinkles, cinnamon/nutmeg sugar.
You will need a Mini Doughnut pan
Decorate doughnuts with small sprinkles, diced toasted coconut, chocolate frosting and vanilla frosting
Other Ideas you might like to try:
Check out the recipe for Pumpkin Spice Doughnut Holes-Cinnamon Glaze. Perfect for Fall entertaining.
Pumpkin Bread, Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies, Caramel Apples, Skillet Caramel Apple Pie, Apple Pie Lattice Cookies and Cinnamon Cafe latte.