Cran- Raspberry Mirror Almond Pound Cake for a Star Studded Fourth of July! The almond flavored pound cake is baked in the bottom of a jumbo cupcake pan and frosted with buttercream frosting. The star of the cake is the cran raspberry mirror glaze. A combination of cranberry juice concentrate and cornstarch thickened over heat turns the juice into a shiny “mirrored” glaze, which is poured over the top of frosted cake. Fresh raspberries are arranged around the top edge of the cute cake. Serve this cake on a star shaped plate for an eye catching presentation.
Cran-Raspberry Mirror Almond Pound Cake RecipePrint
Cran-Raspberry Mirror Almond Pound Cake
Almond Pound Cake is baked in bottom of a jumbo cupcake pan but can be baked in any kind of cake pan with flat top. The shiny mirror glaze is made with thickened cranberry juice and poured over frosted buttercream cake. Fresh raspberries line the piped star frosting. Serve on a star plate for a pretty presentation.
- Yield: 6 to 8-1” servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
1-Package Duncan Hines Classic White cake mix
1–3 oz package Instant pudding and pie mix- vanilla
2 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup water
1 tablespoon almond extract
½ cup shortening
½ cup butter, softened
4 cups confectioner’s sugar
3 tablespoons heavy cream
2 teaspoons cream bouquet or almond extract
½ cup cranberry frozen juice concentrate, thawed
1 teaspoon cornstarch or arrowroot
1 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour bottom base of jumbo cupcake pan or two 6 -inch round cake pans.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, dry pudding mix, confectioner’s sugar, water, oil, eggs and extracts; beat on low speed to combine, beat 2 additional minutes.
- Pour batter into greased and floured pan(s). Cake batter makes 4 cups.
- Bake at 350 25-30 minutes or until center is done, cover with foil if necessary to prevent burning top of cake if not done in 30 minutes bake additional 10 minutes.
- Cool in pan(s) on wire rack 15 minutes, remove from pan and cool completely.
- Refrigerate cake to chill for frosting.
- In large bowl, cream shortening, butter and confectioner’s sugar, add extract and heavy cream to make smooth frosting
- Frost cake top, layer if making two cakes and sides.
- Place remaining frosting in piping bag, fitted with star tip. 1 M tip was tested.
- Pipe cake top edge and bottom with frosting stars. Prepare glaze.
Mirror Glaze: In small saucepan, combine juice and cornstarch, whisk continuously until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat, cool 10 minutes. Spoon glaze on center top of cake. Before serving, arrange raspberries around top edge of cake.
Make the pound cake ahead and freeze until ready to serve if desired.
Right before serving add the mirror glaze for best results. You can cover and refrigerate the cake with the glaze but bring to room temperature before serving so the glaze will be smooth.
The cake is rich and full of flavor. Pound cake batter is best for this kind of bundt cupcake pan.
Check out OH MY Stars table setting post to see creative star studded table decor ideas.
Other Ideas you might like to try:
BlueBerry Swirl Pound Cake- Click on Photo for Recipe