The best summer dessert to serve on hot humid days is the Lemon Cream Pie Recipe. A lemon custard filling lines a graham cracker crust and baked 12 minutes, During the pie chill time, cream cheese and lemon curd are mixed together and spread over cooled custard. Sweetened home made fresh whipped cream is spread over the lemon curd cheese mixture and garnished with fresh dollops and lemon slices when ready to serve. Easy-as-pie to make and take, very creamy and refreshing lemony tart pie for your family and friends.
Lemon Cream Cheese Pie Recipe
Lemon Cream Pie Recipe
Lemon custard filling is baked in graham cracker crust, chilled and topped with combined cream cheese and lemon curd, then garnished with sweetened whipped cream and lemon slices. So refreshing and just the right amount of sweetness.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
- Total Time: 59 minute
- Yield: 1-9" pie/8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
2/3-cup fresh lemon juice, (4 large lemons)
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
3 large egg yolks
1 unbaked 9” graham cracker crumb crust*
Cream Cheese Topping
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
3 teaspoons purchased lemon curd
¼ cup confectioner’s sugar
Sweetened Whipped Cream*
1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
5–7 fresh mint leaves
- Prepare crumb crust and chill while preparing filling. Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk together first three ingredients in medium bowl. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl with wire whisk attachment beat egg yolks until fluffy and thickened.
- On low speed, gradually add reserved three ingredients to yolk mixture.
- Pour filling into prepared crumb crust.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes until center is set.
- Remove from oven and cool. Chill pie while preparing cream cheese topping.
Cream Cheese Topping:
In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, confectioner’s sugar, and lemon curd. Beat at medium speed until smooth. Carefully spread cream cheese mixture on top cooled lemon filling in crust. Spread sweetened whipped cream over cream cheese topping. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
To Serve: Garnish with fresh lemon twists and mint leaves.
Add additional lemon curd if you like the tart flavor of lemon.
This pie can be made ahead and kept refrigerated up to 3 days.
Use pastry tip Ateco # 867 to pipe whipped cream.
More Ideas you might like to try: